we skipped the steaming step and also tossed the roasted carrots with the juice from 1/2 a lemon and some chopped parsley. we had these as a side dish to this recipe.
- 3 to 4 bunches (depending on size) fresh carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450°:F.
2. Cut the carrots into thirds, crosswise on a sharp diagonal.
3. Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Let carrots steam until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl. Toss with the oil, honey, salt and pepper.
4. Place the carrots on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 25 minutes. Loosen them from the baking sheet with a spatula. Adjust the seasonings and remove to a serving bowl.